5 Things You Could Do to Refresh Your Bathroom in 2020
It is that time of the year again – spring, and it also means the new beginning! It feels like we are getting an opportunity to start something new every year. Most of the people (and we are sure you are one of them too) get the desire to make some changes in their home.
After all, is there a better place to make some refreshing improvements than your own home? Of course not! Sometimes we pay so much attention to our living room or bedroom that we totally forget to refresh our bathroom. As a matter of fact, the bathroom is the only place where you can feel completely relaxed and relieved. That is why we are bringing you five simple tips to refresh your gloomy bathroom.
Ready, set, go!
- CHANGE OLD SHOWER CURTAIN – Let us start with an easy, five-minute tip. It is so obvious, but admit it, you don’t do this very often, right? This is one of the easiest and cheapest ways to change the spirit of your bathroom completely. You can choose any pattern you want because today’s market is full of different designs: tropical, abstract, or simple, classy designs. Your decision depends on what effect you are trying to get because curtains should fit with the main idea of your bathrooms look. You could also get unique shower curtain hooks, and you will be pleasantly surprised by the whole picture at the end of the day.
- BUY A PLANT – we have a habit of having plants all over the house – which is great – but why leaving bathroom out of that? Houseplants make bathrooms more pleasant places, and they definitely improve the décor. On the other side, bathrooms can also be a great environment for plants because of their warmth and humidity, but just if you make the right choice. Some plants do not enjoy humidity or low levels of sunlight. That is the reason why some plants are more recommended for bathrooms, for example, Aloe Vera, Asparagus Fern, Cast-Iron Plant, or even Orchid. Also, artificial plants could be the right choice if you do not want to put effort into taking care of them or if you can’t provide enough light.
- UNIQUE LAMPS AND LIGHTS – you would be surprised how many things you can do with different kinds of lights and lamps in your bathroom. The number of options is countless, and it is up to you to find something that you like and that fits in your bathroom. Do not limit yourself to standard lights and use your imagination in the best possible way. If you like the classical style and don’t want to attract attention to something too markedly, your choice might be some unique ceiling lamp or chandelier. It will definitely make some difference. On the other side, if you would like to experiment with lights, get ready for a real adventure! There are so many ideas that your choice is not going to be easy at all. First of all, you can place a unique vintage lamp on one of your shelves, and that alone will make a big difference. Also, hanging lamps could create a very relaxed and romantic atmosphere. Besides this, mirror lights are a thing now! They can really breathe a new life into your bathroom and create a modern look. Lights and lamps, in general, can create a brand new atmosphere and make your bathroom an even more relaxing place.
- CHANGE THE TOWELS – yes, it is that easy! We are ready to make some significant changes, invest a lot of money, and lose our nerves many times before we realize that some changes do not require so much effort. Over time we collect many different colors, sizes, and models of towels that it starts to look a little bit trashy, especially if they lost a quality because of overuse. You have an easy decision to make. First of all, you can buy a set of luxurious towels in one color. This will make you feel like you are in an expensive hotel every day! Secondly, if you want to keep your free spirit and you really like colors, towels in bright and funny colors are the right decision. But be careful. Towels have to be new, fresh, and made of similar material. This way, your bathroom will not look disorderly and untidy. Another pro of this tip is that you can find relatively cheap towels that look luxurious and expensive.
- CANDLES – it is hard to imagine any space without these useful and lovely helpers. They change absolutely every room in the best possible way. They are small and practical, so you will easily find the place for them even in the narrowest spaces. Their affordable prices are another reason to love them. One more thing has to be mentioned. Scented candles can create a romantic, relaxing, and warm atmosphere better than anything else. Their stress-relief effect is something you will be thankful for after a long day at work. Choose the right shape and color for your bathroom and enjoy this brand new atmosphere you will get.
Pieces of advice that are mentioned above could be very useful if you apply them to your bathroom. Just a few little changes, and you’ll get a feeling that you have a completely new place to rest your mind at the end of the day.
Let the refreshment in your bathroom with our practical tricks and do something for yourself. Free your mind, open it up for new ideas, and you will be surprised by how much better you feel. You can thank us later!
Another great thing is the possibility of buying personalized shower curtains or candles if you have some specific vision in your account. There are so many options if you just use your imagination and put some time and effort into making some positive changes. As we already said, there is no better time to make some changes than spring.
Guest Contributor: Nikolina