You may have a water heater like most people. But neglecting a leaking tank in a water heater can be troublesome for you. If you consider it a minor inconvenience, it can turn into a vital issue. Hence repairing a leaking water heater tank is crucial.
But you need to analyze the leakage in the tank. Water can pool or drip from the hot water tank. Try to assess the severity of the leakage. Afterwards, you can repair the leakage or call a professional according to your comfortability. Alongside, if you need top water heater repair services in San Diego, we are there for you 24/7.
In this article, we will guide you through the process of repairing a leaking tank in a water heater in 2021.
How Can You Identify The Water Heater Tank Leak?
Identifying the leaking tank in your water heater is the most significant step. You can save time and money by realizing the leakage in the initial phase. Try to comply with the following points to assess the tank leak.
● If you think you may have a water leak, let your senses be your guide. Turn off all the external sources of sound. Stand beside the water heater. If you hear the sound of rushing or dripping water from the tank, search for visual confirmation.
● An insulating blanket wraps the heater. Hence, you may face difficulty finding the leakage. Look at the top and bottom of the water heater.
● If you observe the flooding of water beneath the water tank, it can be a potential sign of leakage within the water heater tank.
● If you still cannot recognise the leakage, you can put a paper or towel under the water heater. Check back after a few days. If it is wet, the chances of leaking water from the tank is high.
PROCESS OF REPAIRING A LEAKING TANK:-
After recognising the leakage, you can follow the points we will share now.
Turn Off the Water Supply:- First, you need to turn off the water supply to your water heater. You can see the two pipes on the top of your water heater. One is to warm the water and another is to cool the water. Find the shutoff valve near the line to turn off the water supply.
There are only two types of valves.
● Ball Valve:- Ball valves look like a lever handle. Pulling or turning the handle down will help you to stop the water flow.
● Dial Valve:- Dial valve is a clock-like structure. You need to turn the wheel clockwise to turn off the water supply.
Turn Off The Power:- In the second step, you have to turn off the power to your water heater. The ways of turning off the power are different for gas water heaters and electric water heaters.
● If you have a gas water heater, you can find the valve on the gas supply line. The valve supplies the gas to the water heater. Once you turn off the valve, it will stop supplying gas to the water heater.
● If you have an electric water heater, try to find the breaker in the electrical panel. Turn off the breaker.
Know The Reason:- Three potential reasons can create leakage in the tank of your water heater. They are the air valve, the tank itself and the connection.
● The air valve is a significant part of the water heater tank. It creates a vacuum inside the tank to help enter only the water. The air valve creates more pressure when it is not working appropriately.
● The connection is also another significant element. A regular temperature pressure valve connects it with the heater.
● Check the tank itself. Minute licks and heartwater can be present around the tank. You may face several issues if the leaking is unnoticed in the initial phase. So using a standard water heater tank is necessary for you.
If you want a water heater at the riverside and surroundings, you can contact us.
- First, you have to empty the tank. The hot interior tank will cool down in a while. You can then start working with the tank.
- Try to find the possible leaks around the tank and repair them with a thread.
- Now, you can re-install that tank again to the original position.
- If your water heater tank has issues, you can replace it with a new water heater.
Repairing a leaking tank in your water heater can be challenging for you. We provide quality repair replacement and installation services throughout the entire San Diego and riverside.
Conclusion:- In short, assessing and repairing your water heater leak is crucial to getting the most out of your geyser. You can fix up the leaking tank by following the above-mentioned steps. But, If you are looking for a water heater company in San Diego and riverside surroundings, we can be the best fit for you.
Author Bio:- Aimee Grace
Aimee is a marketing manager at EZ Plumbing & Restoration. She is very passionate in writing about discrete plumbing services and leakage detection as well as repair solutions. Her vision is to educate people about the consequences of water and slab leaks at home or office and what they should do to repair them to avoid further water damage as well as property damage.
Innovations have paved a way for smart devices to lead a convenient life. Plumbing industry is no different but only few people know about various tools used to fix the leakages. Stay tuned with the recent articles to know all about how to find water damage, slab leak, clogging, and ways to repair them, installation of new HVAC appliances in San Diego.