Staying Warm During Chicago Winters
In this country we have hard working men and women working hard every day.
Plumbers, Contractors, Electricians, Laborers, Carpenters and any other job that entails working outside with your hands.
Living in Chicago, we experience beautiful weather and some rough Winters. Some of us love what we do, others do it because it is a job to provide for our families.
No matter what the reason, we have to get up and go work outside on those chilly mornings.
Keeping warm in this frigid Winter is significant to our survival
1. Have your coffee set for when you wake up.
2. Heat up your towel before you jump in the shower.
3. Throw your clothes in the drier before putting them on in the morning.
4. Thermals are crucial, wear them under your clothes.
a. Carhartt is durable and will keep you warm.
5. Gloves, wear them. As tough as you are, your hands need to keep warm.
6. Hat, Headwear, Beanies, Thermo Band. You lose most of your body heat through your head.
*COVER IT when you are working outside.
7. When you stop to get lunch, add a soup, or chili, or something warm.
8. Stay hydrated, you need water all year round.
9. If your significant other has been outside working all day, have hot coco waiting for them when they get home.
10. Make your spouse a hearty meal. Men and most women love something meaty and pasta along with it. After working outside all day, you need a meal to warm your body right away.
11. Set your clothes before you go to bed this way, everything is ready in the morning.
Ladies and Gentlemen this is basic stuff that we all know, but it helps to be reminded that small things make a huge difference on a freezing Chicago Winter day.
Stay warm and safe,