Summer is here and kids are out of school. We have longer days and beautiful hot nights. Most people, enjoy going outside for activities during the Summer time. I for one, love being outside when the weather is warm. Growing up in Midlothian, my grandmother always took me to the pool. I couldn’t get enough of it. She would take me to the pool every day. Maybe it was because she saw how much I loved it or to wear me out, I was a rambunctious little kid. I look back at all the great memories I had at the pool in Summer. Now, with my own child, I see how much he loves playing in the water. He can’t get enough of the pool.
Stop whatever you’re doing and GO OUTSIDE, enjoy the pool, enjoy this beautiful weather. If you can’t go to the pool, or don’t have one by you, here are a few ways to enjoy water in the Summer.
· Turn on the Sprinkler
· Buy a baby pool
· Rent a bouncy house with a pool
· Spray your kids with the water hose
· Water balloon fights
WATER PARK’S AROUND TOWN
· Centennial Park in Orland Park, 15600 West Ave Orland Park
· White Water Canyon in Tinley Park, 8221 W. 171st Street Tinley Park
· Splash Park in Frankfort, 22108 S. 80th Ave Frankfort
· Heritage Fall Water Park in Romeoville, 101 Troxel Ave Romeoville
· Cypress Cove Family Aquatic Park in Woodridge, 8301 Janes Ave Woodridge
Don’t over work yourself in the Summer. Your kids are out of school, take a few days off and go have some fun.