THE IMPORTANCE OF GETTING A GOOD NIGHT’S SLEEP
If I don’t get a good night’s sleep tonight, I’ll get a good night’s sleep tomorrow! Have you ever said that?
Work projects are due, children need to be driven to practice, work errands need to be ran, dinner needs to get made, school projects need to be done, laundry needs to be washed, and the list goes on and on. Those are the things that go through the average person’s head. Stressing out about your day’s To Do List is not going to get anything done quicker, or on time. The way you get everything done in a timely manner is by getting a Good Night’s Sleep. When we sleep enough hours in a night, our bodies are rested. When we are well rested, we perform better. The important question is; how do we get a good night’s sleep?
1. Avoid caffeine late in the day.
2. Don’t eat late at night.
3. Don’t have stressful conversations late at night.
4. Keep electronics/gadgets out of the bedroom.
5. Read before bed.
6. Have a Zen like environment in the bedroom.
7. Don’t eat in bed.
8. Eat healthier- avoid Carbs, sugars, heavy drinking. Eat vegetables, fruit, and protein. If you are not a big fan of fruits & veggies, try having a smoothie(they are delicious).
9. Work out- go to the gym, go for a walk around your neighborhood, invest in a bicycle, go hiking at the Forest Preserve.
10. Avoid taking a pill for everything. If certain medication is not REALLY necessary, don’t take it. Studies have shown that taking too many pills can cause insomnia.
11. Drink WATER.
Sleep is important. Good sleep is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT.
As a plumber and business owner, I need my sleep. Could you imagine me being at a customer’s house: at an emergency call, or a commercial job, on NO SLEEP?? No, I won’t perform up to par.
Sleepless nights will make you depressed, forgetful, ages you, will make you gain weight, and will impair your judgement. If that’s not enough of a crappy list to try to help you improve your sleep, I don’t know what will.
PUT A LITTLE EFFORT INTO GETTING A GOOD NIGHT’S SLEEP.
TONIGHT TRY THIS:
1. EAT DINNER EARLY.
2. PUT YOUR KIDS TO BED AT A DECENT TIME.
3. TURN THAT TV OFF.
4. PUT YOUR PHONE AWAY, IN A DIFFERENT ROOM.
5. READ A BOOK AND GO TO BED EARLY.