Times are hard, but we are all trying to make due. Some of us have a little extra money here and there that we have been saving up to remodel our bathroom. Two important places that you should invest on is your kitchen and your bathroom. It increases the value of your home and it feels good to have a nice bathroom.
It is important to know the budget before remodeling your bathroom, what is your budget? How much money can you afford for yourbathroom remodel? Once you figure out your budget going down your list will be easier.
Ask around for bathroom ideas. Ask friends, family, or coworkers. Look through home magazines. Go online and search whats new and hip. You might have a theme in mind, but it won’t hurt to look around. They always have new looks and as you get older your taste changes. Make sure you look at everything before you choose what style you want to go with.
- Do you want to keep the same bathroom layout? Or can you afford to change/move things around?
- Do you want a shower, tub, or both? Is your bathroom big enough to fit both? If you are getting a tub, make sure you sit in the tub before you buy it. Who cares if people are looking, get in that tub and make sure you are happy sitting inside of it. Is it deep enough? Is it comfortable? Are you going to have someone else join you in this tub?
- What kind of vanity do you want? This goes with what style or theme you are going with. Traditional, modern, luxurious, crisp & clean, elegant, romantic, etc.
- After you figure out the vanity, the sink is easier to pick out.
- Pick out a bathroom floor, remember you have to clean it, make sure it’s something easy to clean. Pick something that works with your look, price, durability, and cleaning.
- Toilet is a must have. Do you want something with gadgets, fancy, or something comfortable that you’ll enjoy reading the paper in the morning. We spend lots of time sitting on the toilet, make sure you like what you pick.
- Wall colors, what kind of colors do you have in mind? Painting is a must. It will liven up your bathroom.
- Lighting. Depending on your budget, you should spend on lighting. If your budget is limited, you should make it a point to work on the lighting.
- Plumbing fixtures. Don’t be cheap on your plumbing fixtures. Do your research, and spend some money on your fixtures. Cheap fixtures don’t last as long.
- If you are getting a curtain rod for your shower or tub, make sure you get a nice shower curtain. Depending on the size of the bathroom, it is one of the first things you notice when you walk it.