Your Water Heater Might Need To Be Replaced
Residential and commercial water heaters were invented in 1889. Since then, we have been blessed with hot water in our homes. Living in Chicago, water heaters are one of the most important things we need on a freezing Winter morning. The average residential water heater is 40 gallons. Which is perfect for a household.
- Keeping your thermostat set at 120ºF (if you overheat your water heater it will wear down faster)
- Having copper piping
- Installing your water heater in a warm area, this way it doesn’t have to work harder to maintain it’s temperature.
- Check the age of your tank, it it’s beyond your warranty date you might need to have it looked at
- Feel the water, if it’s cold when you turn on your “Hot”
- Turning your water in the shower and it’s freezing
- Time how long your hot water lasts in the shower, if it’s a lot shorter than you’re use to
- Check the floor around your water heater tank, look for puddles, streams of water, leaks around the base of the tank
- Inspect the fittings and plumbing connections, look for water, sludge or corrosion
- Listen to your tank for frequent noises